polkadot

Thursday, June 30, 2011

We're FAMOUS!

I wish I could say that I am famous for just being me (roll out the red carpet)...but no. Unfortunately, just Shrimp and Grits Kids is (but since I work for them, doesn't that make me famous by second degree? I'm going with yes.)
One of the perks of one of my best friends, Megan Chandler, being the Lifestyle editor of the Charleston Mercury is that I get sneak peeks of the new paper! (especially if one of us is in it!) I've only personally been featured in the paper twice (such a social butterfly) but Megan Hewitt (all the Megans can get confusing- I KNOW!) has had entire articles done on her. And why shouldn't she? She started this little "at-home" smocked clothing business in 2007 and now has over 72 representatives all over the southeast and a new store front...That's definitely more than I've done in the last five years...(unless you count graduating from college, moving to Charleston, going to graduate school, and working...but that's another story :))!

When Megan first told me about opening the store, the first thing that came to my mind was "let's have an opening party!" (typical). Megan, knowing how much I love to plan a party, just smiled and said "go for it". So, we planned this party, got champagne, cupcakes, and guess what?...it had to be on a Tuesday night when I had CLASS! (it was a class learning about all the different mental illnesses and all I could think was that I was seasonally depressed because I wanted to be at the party :))!
So, long story short, it was like rubbing salt into an open wound when my friend sent me the pdf of the Charleston Mercury and pictures from the party are front page :(! After I pouted about not being in the pictures for a bit, I got over myself and became thrilled for Megan! The store looks awesome, they look awesome...all in all, if I didn't absolutely love them- I'd hate them :)!




How awesome do they look...it's okay to be jealous...I won't tell! ;)

No comments: